In today’s fast-paced business environment, data is golden. Businesses need to manage their data and provide advanced analytics in real-time. Enter the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, a unified solution that transforms data into insights and helps businesses succeed. The best part is that you likely have access to much of it already.
Nearly one year ago, Microsoft introduced its Intelligent Data Platform. The platform was designed to integrate their database, analytics and data governance offerings, bringing different types of operational and analytical data together while allowing for greater understanding and discoverability of organizational data. This is accomplished as end-users work together on shared data, primarily using tools with which they are already familiar.
What Is The Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform?
The Intelligent Data Platform is a comprehensive suite of services and tools that empower organizations to manage, analyze and derive insights from their data by offering a unified approach to management, analytics and AI. The platform consists of several key components, including Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Purview, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Cognitive Services and Power BI. These tools and services create a seamless data experience, enabling businesses to ingest, prepare, manage, analyze and visualize data across various sources.
- SQL Server 2022– SQL Server is a powerful, scalable, and secure relational database management system. It offers advanced analytics, high availability and robust security. SQL Server is designed to efficiently handle mission-critical workloads and can be deployed on-premises, in the cloud or in a hybrid environment. Integrating SQL Server 2022 with the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform allows organizations to manage and analyze their relational data effectively and efficiently.
- Azure SQL Services– A cloud-based relational database service, Azure SQL Database provides built-in intelligence, scalability and high availability. Azure SQL Managed Instance is a fully managed instance of SQL Server that provides near 100% compatibility with on-premises SQL Server. Azure SQL Edge is an optimized, small-footprint version of SQL Server designed for edge computing and IoT scenarios. The Azure SQL services seamlessly integrate with the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, enabling organizations to leverage the power of SQL Server in the cloud and quickly scale data workloads.
- Azure Cosmos DB– A multi-model database service designed for building highly available, scalable, and responsive applications. It supports various data models, such as document, key-value, graph, column-family and multiple APIs. By integrating Azure Cosmos DB with the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, businesses can easily manage and analyze their data across various data models and APIs, ensuring a versatile and robust data management solution.
- Azure Arc Data Services– Extends the capabilities of Azure data services to hybrid and multi-cloud environments. Azure Arc Data Services simplifies the deployment, management and monitoring of data services across environments with a unified control plane and consistent management experience. Organizations can implement governance policies, security configurations and monitoring solutions consistently across all their data workloads, regardless of where they are deployed.
- Azure Synapse Analytics– Azure Synapse Link for SQL, added in SQL Server 2022, provides a seamless data pipeline to Azure Synapse Analytics. This service allows organizations to ingest, prepare and manage data for immediate business intelligence and machine learning needs. With its serverless SQL pools, Azure Synapse Analytics enables businesses to query data on their terms. In addition, Azure Synapse Analytics supports real-time data processing, allowing companies to analyze data and gain insights, which is crucial for making data-driven decisions.
- Power BI– A business analytics tool that enables users to visualize and share insights from their data. With its easy-to-use interface and customizable visualizations, Power BI allows businesses to create interactive reports and dashboards, shareable across the organization. Power BI connects to on-premises and cloud-based databases, files and APIs, providing a seamless experience for data analysis and visualization. Furthermore, Power BI integrates with Azure Synapse Analytics, enabling businesses to gain insights from their data and make data-driven decisions more efficiently.
- Azure AI– A collection of artificial intelligence (AI) services designed for developers and data scientists. The portfolio includes Azure Machine Learning (a comprehensive service that allows organizations to build, train and deploy machine learning models) more efficiently. Automated machine-learning capabilities streamlines model selection and hyperparameter tuning, making it easier for data scientists and developers to collaborate on AI projects.
- Microsoft Purview– A data governance service that helps organizations discover, understand and manage their data across on-premises, multi-cloud and SaaS environments. With its automated discovery, classification and management capabilities, Microsoft Purview (formerly Azure Purview) enables businesses to comprehensively understand their data landscape, ensure compliance with data protection regulations and reduce the risk of data breaches. Azure Purview also integrates with Azure Synapse Analytics, providing a seamless experience for data discovery and governance.
Bringing Together Data Services
The Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform brings together all of Microsoft’s key data services, creating a unified solution for managing, analyzing, and deriving insights from your data. Services such as SQL Server 2022, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse, Power BI, Microsoft Purview and more may already be a part of your data ecosystem. However, using these services together effectively is often a challenge.
The primary goal is to simplify the process of integrating databases and operational data store, analytics and data governance. Sharieff Mansour, General Manager of Microsoft Data, AI and Mixed Reality, states, “Historically, customers have been thinking about each of those areas independent from one another, and what the Intelligent Data Platform does is bring all these pieces together.” Microsoft accomplishes this through a data experience that allows organizations to ingest, prepare, manage, analyze and visualize data across multiple sources and services more efficiently.
In addition to its integration capabilities, the Intelligent Data Platform enables organizations to deploy and manage data services across various environments, including on-premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. This flexibility ensures that businesses can choose the most suitable deployment options for their specific requirements: compliance, latency or cost.
Operational Benefits of the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform
- Unified Data Management and Analytics– Businesses can manage and analyze data across different sources. This unified approach eliminates data silos and enables faster, more accurate decision-making.
- Advanced Analytics and AI Capabilities– Allows businesses to tap into the power of AI and machine learning for advanced analytics, predictions, and insights.
- Scalability and Flexibility– Designed to grow with your business by providing the scalability and flexibility needed to handle increasing data volumes and changing business requirements.
- Seamless Integration– Integration with other Microsoft products and services, such as M365, Dynamics 365, Power Platform and Azure, creates a cohesive data ecosystem that drives efficiency and collaboration.
- Enhanced Data Governance– Robust data governance capabilities enable businesses to discover, understand and manage sensitive data while ensuring compliance with data protection regulations.
Maximize the Benefits of Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform with OneNeck
The Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform offers organizations an all-in-one solution for managing, analyzing and deriving insights from their data, enabling them to make faster, data-driven decisions and stay ahead of the competition. Its unified approach to data management, analytics and AI empowers businesses to unlock the full potential of their data estate and transform operations.
As an experienced and knowledgeable Microsoft CSP, OneNeck IT Solutions can help you harness the power of the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, delivering performance benefits across your entire organization. So, if your business is looking to stay ahead in the data-driven world, considering adopting the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform or simply interested in implementing M365 as a part of your modern workplace, Contact Us today to speak with one of our Microsoft experts.