I need backup for Office 365? Isn’t it already included? In short, no. The misconception that Microsoft fully backs up your data on your behalf is all too common. To the contrary, Microsoft is primarily focused on managing the infrastructure and ensuring uptime; you are responsible for your data.
According to 451 Research, data backup remains one of the key principles in data protection for several reasons, and while SaaS vendors focus on providing infrastructure resiliency and application availability for their own platform, the traditional 3-2-1 backup rule still applies as a best practice for ensuring data protection and resilience.
Bottom line, businesses using Office 365 need to backup their data and here’s why:
Critical Reasons to Backup Office 365
Veeam, a data backup and recovery, data protection and data security company and OneNeck partner, surveyed hundreds of IT professionals across the globe who have migrated to Office 365, six vulnerabilities in data protection rose to the top in their findings:
- Accidental Deletion- If you delete a user, whether you meant to or not, that deletion is replicated across the network, along with the deletion of their personal SharePoint site and their OneDrive data.
- Retention Policy- Gaps & Confusion- Office 365 has limited backup and retention policies that can only fend off situational data loss and is not intended to be an all-encompassing backup solution.
- Internal Security Threats- Businesses experience threats from the inside, and they are happening more often than you think. Organizations fall victim to threats posed by their very own employees, both intentionally and unintentionally.
- External Security Threats- Malware and viruses, like ransomware, have done serious damage to organizations across the globe. Not only is company reputation at risk, but the privacy and security of internal and customer data as well.
- Legal and Compliance Requirements- Legal requirements, compliance requirements and access regulations vary between industries and countries, but fines, penalties and legal disputes are three things you don’t have room for on your to-do list.
- Managing Hybrid Deployments & Migrations to Office 365 - Organizations that adopt Office 365 typically need a window of time to serve as a transition window between on-premises Exchange and Office 365 Exchange Online. Some even leave a small portion of their legacy system in place to have added flexibility and additional control. These hybrid email deployments are common yet pose additional management challenges.
Comprehensive Backup from A Trusted Partner
We’ve worked with many organizations to safeguard their data with a flexible, secure and efficient cloud-based backup and recovery service your business can rely on.
OneNeck can enable and support your Office 365 backups helping to eliminate the risk of losing access and control over your Office 365 data. Our backup solution give you the power to securely backup Office 365 and:
- Protect your Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
- Quickly restore individual Office 365 email, files and sites with industry-leading recovery flexibility
- Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Office 365 items
Let us help you gain complete access and control of your Office 365 data and avoid the unnecessary risks of data loss. Contact us today!