From time to time, we still get questions related to Microsoft’s continuing effort to clarify product offerings and make it easier to use Microsoft Online Services such as Office/Microsoft 365. To do this, last year Microsoft made multiple product name changes to be more reflective of the range of features and benefits in the subscription. So, I thought I'd recap for those still wondering, "Is it O or M?"
On the table is O365 vs M365. Last year Microsoft shifted O365 subscriptions to M365 subscriptions, made it easy so that existing subscribers did not need to reinstall or purchase another subscription, and kept pricing the same.
Microsoft 365 includes everything you knew in Office 365. Microsoft 365 is designed to help people and businesses achieve more with innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security.
Microsoft has the following Microsoft 365 plans available:
Microsoft 365 for home plans
- Microsoft 365 Family
- Microsoft 365 Personal
Microsoft 365 for business plans
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business
Microsoft 365 for enterprise plans
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 F1
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
The existing Office 365 subscriptions for home and business have been moved to one of the existing Microsoft 365 plans or remain the same as follows:
- Office 365 Personal becomes Microsoft 365 Personal
- Office 365 Home becomes Microsoft 365 Family
- Office 365 Business Essentials becomes Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium becomes Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business becomes Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for business
- Office 365 ProPlus becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Office 365 E1 will remain available under the same name
- Office 365 E3 will remain available under the same name
- Office 365 E5 will remain available under the same name
If you still have questions, we are definitely here to help. Don't hesitate to reach out and talk with one of our Microsoft experts...
Learn more about M365 for Business
Learn more about M365 for Enterprise