Regardless of the type of threat detection and response provider an organization engages, preparing to respond requires security and IT teams to build a foundation that can enable rapid and effective response to all threats. This foundation is built through five core essentials:
- Understanding the organization's tolerance for risk
- Establishing a priority and risk profile for each asset
- Applying statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements to response plans
- Recognizing the impact that expertise and resource limitations have on response capabilities
- Developing a robust response playbook library
This Alert Logic sponsored 451 Research report examines the value of preparing for security incidents and the factors that organizations should consider when preparing their approach to response.